Frequently Asked Questions
You can view some Frequently Asked Questions regarding our Tuff Mounts product range below.
How do I install Tuff Mounts?
Tuff Mounts can be installed by following the instructions on the relevant page of the attachment below.
Tuff Mounts Installation Guide
Do Tuff Mounts have warranty?
Tuff Mounts Warranty details are below:
The manufacturer’s warranty is for a period of 12 Months from the date of purchase for all products.
This Warranty covers all products manufactured entirely by this company (Muscle Garage/Tuff Mounts) and used within the “Warranty Terms”
This Warranty excludes all products or components manufactured by other parties; in this case the original manufacturer warranty will be applied.
There is NO Warranty on Second hand Components or Equipment.
This Warranty is void if the items are used in any competition, illegal activity or in breach of the “Warranty Terms”
- All claims must be made within the warranty period by the original purchaser.
- All claims will include a copy of the original invoice or details of original purchase.
- Any Muscle Garage or Tuff Mounts product found to have faulty workmanship or materials will be replaced or repaired free of charge.
- The Muscle Garage or Tuff Mounts warranty does not cover the cost of freight (either way), installation or removal of said product or other components.
- Warranty does not include any fasteners, or any resultant damage caused through the failure of any fastener.
- This warranty does not apply to any component that may have been subject to neglect, misuse, abuse, accidental or intentional impact, any modifications, unauthorized repairs, incorrect installation, or application.
- This warranty applies to normal road use on a registered motor vehicle.
- Second hand components are not covered by any Warranty.
- Any product that is MODIFIED in any way from the manufacturer’s specification will not be covered by any Warranty.
- Returns must be authorised by MUSCLE GARAGE and will be done so with a 15% restocking fee. Returns after a 30 day period are not accepted unless authorised by MUSCLE GARAGE. No returns will be accepted where we feel that our intellectual property has been compromised.
- Returns Must be in as NEW condition to receive a refund, if items are scratched or any damage has occurred, a $50 fee will be taken out of the refund to cover restoration of item.
Will my car vibrate?
TUFF MOUNTS are stiffer than your standard rubber engine mounts, meaning there will be added NVH (noise, vibration and harshness). This is important to mention as we want TUFF MOUNT customers to expect new noises coming from their dash/interior and maybe even some new rattles – it’s the sound of complete confidence that your fire-breathing engine is solidly connected to your chassis. TUFF MOUNTS give performance on par with that of an engine plate or solid mounts, with the added benefit of some dampening through our specially-engineered, heavy-duty specifically made for purpose Poly Urethane Bushes. If you are expecting a smooth ride with no harshness transfer, these may not suit you.
What are your bushes made from?
Tuff Mounts use a specifically engineered poly-urethane bush. These bushes are manufactured to our precise standards right here in Adelaide and are available in a range of colors. We do not use “suspension bushes” like similar inferior copies in the market. Tuff Mounts have the replacement bushes in stock if ever needed.
Whats the difference between "Builder Series" & "Pro Series"?
Pro Series are our premium product. Pro Series are completely hand finished prior to welding. Once fabricated they are hand finished and linished again. They then are lightly blasted and finished in lush gloss black powdercoat. Assembled with our red bushes, they give you the best product on the market today.
Builder Series mounts were built to suit the budget minded customers. These products use the same components, however No hand finishing is carried out on this series. So expect some rough laser cut edges and no welds smoothed off for appearance. After this they are finished in matt black powdercoat and assembled with black bushes. It is like comparing a “Executive” Commodore to a “Statesman” or a “GLI” Falcon to a “LTD” and so on.
Should you have any other questions regarding Tuff Mounts, please contact us.